- Recognizing the service of active duty military personnel.
- Raising funds to build the Dallis Pavilion PTSD Treatment facility.
- Building lasting relationships among soldiers, sponsors, the SC Forestry Commission, The National Wild Turkey Federation and its Chapters and other organizations which provide hunting opportunities or support.
- Improving awareness of forest and wildlife management, conservation, through the S.C. Forestry Commission, National Wild Turkey Federation and other natural resource agencies and organizations.
- Providing critical assistance in these areas.
- Build the future Dallis Pavilion: a $5 million venture to build a PTSD treatment facility to be built in the near future. Architect plans have already been delivered.
- Expand our vision and mission to include aid to firefighters, police officers, and other first responders who may also be affected by PTSD.
- Improve the public’s understanding and awareness of the benefits of forest and wildlife management and conservation (through a partnership with NWTF CEO George Thornton, Dr. James Earl Kennamer, and The National Wild Turkey Federation).
- Eventual forestry education programs and land grants from the S.C. Forestry Commission
- Eventual building and opening of further HWAH treatment facilities outside every major military installation in the United States, for ease of access for all military personnel and their families.
HWAH has now teamed with Ultimate Shot Productions™ and has begun filming our show “Hunting With A Hero!” We are looking to air this season. This move will improve HWAH visibility and expand the possibilities for helping our Heroes and their families.
Hunting With A Hero® (HWAH®) prohibits discrimination against and harassment of any volunteer or any applicant for employment or benefit or outing because of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law. All personnel who are responsible for supporting and promoting HWAH® and its events and for the development and implementation of HWAH® programs or activities are charged to support this effort and to respond promptly and appropriately to any concerns that are brought to their attention.